Beginner Mandarin Chinese (HSK 1) Course
74 videos (15 weeks worth of study material) – get your Chinese off the ground and pass HSK Level 1!Enroll in Course
Required Textbook & Workbook
Textbook/workbooks not included with the purchase of this online course, you'll need to purchase it separately (more info below).
The textbook "HSK Standard Course 1" by Jiang Liping and the accompanying workbook:
- 《HSK标准教程1 课本》（含1MP3）作者：姜丽萍 主编
- 《HSK标准教程1 练习册》（含1MP3）作者：姜丽萍 主编
Start on an exciting journey of Chinese learning!
Learn the vocabulary and grammatical constructs to communicate basic ideas in Mandarin Chinese, and build a solid foundation for future levels. You will also be prepared to pass the HSK 1 test (Chinese language proficiency test, level 1).
This course offers a total of:
- 74 videos
- 6:04 hours of content
Following the standard curriculum as set forth by the official HSK 1, this online course will:
- introduce you to Mandarin Chinese, including pinyin phonetics and Chinese character writing
- help you learn the basic vocabulary with HSK 1 characters and words (e.g. 你好，女儿，喝茶，什么，饭店）
- help you with correct usage (e.g. compare 能 and 会, 怎么 and 怎么样, etc)
- clearly explain all 45 HSK 1 grammar points to help you complete the most essential tasks in Mandarin Chinese
- get you started with reading and writing text in Chinese characters
Ace HSK 1 Test!
After you finish this course, you will be well prepared to take the HSK 1 test.
This course is divided into 2 parts. Each part can also be purchased separately.
- HSK 1 Course A (Lesson 1-8)
- HSK 1 Course B (Lesson 9-15)
Want to own everything we offer from HSK 1-6 with ~900 videos? Save even more money by purchasing the ULTIMATE BUNDLE!
We are a team of instructors dedicated to provide the highest quality of online Mandarin Chinese learning experience. Jon is from Xi'an and Ken is from Shenzhen. Our aim is to release a series of courses that take novice learners to an advanced level and reach fluency as an ultimate goal.
PreviewHSK1.01 Warm-Up & Vocabulary (10:49)
PreviewHSK1.01 Pronunciation 1.1.1 - Pronouncing the vowels o and e (5:12)
PreviewHSK1.01 Pronunciation 1.1.2 - Understanding the 4 tones and the neutral tone (7:01)
PreviewHSK1.01 Pronunciation 1.1.3
PreviewHSK1.01 Pronunciation 1.1.4 - Pronouncing two 3rd tones together (3:19)
PreviewHSK1.01 Activity, Assignment and Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
We accept WeChat Pay and Alipay. Please add our WeChat - we'll give you the pricing and instructions. (please be patient with response time due to time difference)
- WeChat ID: kendai9
"During my learning process (and I’m still on it) I’ve met Chinese Zero to Hero. I watched the free videos on YouTube and immediately recognized what great material it was; short videos, straight to the point, clear explanations and simple examples."
- Danilo P. Passed HSK 1 Official Exam: 200/200 (100%)